Auditions & Jobs
Wayne McGregor is seeking female dancers with strong classical and contemporary technique for the following freelance contracts with Company Wayne McGregor:
3 month contract commencing 12th August 2019
5 month contract commencing end of October 2019
To apply, please send the following by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your CV
- A recent headshot
- Online footage of you dancing
- A cover letter
- A completed Equal Opportunities Monitoring form (available to download here)
- Please confirm in your cover letter what contract you are applying for (it can be both) and if you have the legal right to work in the UK.
Deadline for applications: Friday 2 August 2019 at 5pm
Auditions will be held during w/c 5th August by invitation only.
Regretfully we are unable to contact unsuccessful applicants.
PEER - Professional Development Programme for Graduating Dance Students
Studio Wayne McGregor is offering an opportunity for five graduating students or recent dance graduates to become part of PEER, a unique professional development programme with us in 2019/20.
Feedback from the 2017 programme:
‘PEER has helped take my abilities to the next level by providing a safe space, professional development and training in subjects even most universities don’t offer.’
‘It deeply changed the way I apply for opportunities, self promote and organise myself.’
‘What I love about this programme is its ability to nurture new and emerging artists, to creatively challenge our thoughts and values, and achieve a clear vision for the future of our artistry.’
About the PEER programme
The PEER programme will offer a range of interactions with Studio Wayne McGregor to further develop the skills needed to prepare for a portfolio career and to gain exposure to life as a professional dancer alongside mentoring and development of a peer network. Elements will include:
• Mentoring by a Studio Wayne McGregor artist to individually guide you through the year
• Professional development sessions with Studio Wayne McGregor management staff, on self-promotion, marketing, tax, finance, working in schools and communities, fundraising and tour booking
• Training to support the setup of a self-facilitating Action Learning set.
• Participation in Company Wayne McGregor classes
• Participation in a Studio Wayne McGregor Creative Lab
• Observation of Company Wayne McGregor rehearsals
• Observing / assisting on Learning and Engagement projects, with practical guidance on working with young people, schools and community groups.
The programme will take place from September 2019 – July 2020. The programme is flexible and light touch and wherever possible events will be scheduled to fit around participants’ other commitments.
The programme is open to dancers in their final year of training who are about to embark on their professional career or who have graduated in the last year and could benefit from supported experience in the professional dance world.
Applying to the PEER programme
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter (maximum 2 pages) or a 3 minute video outlining your aspirations for the coming 2 years, why you would be interested in joining the programme and how you would benefit to:
Jasmine Wilson, Director of Engagement email@example.com by 5pm on Monday 1 July 2019
Interviews will be held w/c 15 July 2019.
PEER is inclusive and open to all. Dance graduates who identify as neurodiverse, disabled, BAME and/or LGTBQ are welcome and encouraged to participate. Please let us know when applying if you have specific access requirements to attend an interview or take part in the programme.
Thanks to generous support from the Idlewild Trust the programme is free of charge to participants and there will be support for travel costs.